I’ve been fiddling around with a bunch of the behind-the-scenes stuff on the site. I may have fiddled a bit too much where I shouldn’t have. What this means is:
- All of the image links in the blog are broken.
- Some of the other pages have moved, specifically: About and Contact. Others may also have strayed.
- Anything you may have bookmarked in the site may be nonfunctional.
- RSS Feeds may or may not be dead.
- The home page for the blog (http://edpas.net/) only displays the most recent post, and the navigation links at the bottom of the page don’t lead anywhere. If you want to browse earlier posts, I’d suggest you use the chronological archives listing from the sidebar.
- Error messages are less than useful.
But don’t touch that dial! I’m going to fix everything or else put it back to the way it was. For those of you curious about what’s happend, I’m not exactly sure. But I have strong a suspicion that it has to do with a conflict between some of my custom mod_rewrite rules and those of my blogging software. Regardless, I made a full site backup before I started changing things around. If I can’t sort things out, I’ll simply do a manual restore.
My apologies for any inconvenience or despair this unfortunate situation may have caused. All of this is in preparation for some significant new content that I’ll be posting in the next couple of weeks.
I’ve solved most of the problems but there still are a few.
The culprit for the link problems was—as suspected—a minor misconfiguration of mod_rewrite. Specifically, I’d forgotten to use the [L] flag after each of the rules, so the server was applying WordPress’ url rewriting rules after mine. Not pretty.
Also, search is broken.
Everything appears to be back to normal now. Stay tuned for new content.